Bake your favorite cupcakes, then top them with this beautiful cannabis-infused vanilla buttercream. It’s sweetened with a mild honey and just 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar for that perfect texture.
This recipe makes approximately 1 ¼ c frosting for about 9 cupcakes.
What you’ll need:
- ¾ c (1 ½ sticks / 6 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 T (2 oz) of cannabutter
- 3 T pure honey (see pro tip below!)
- 3 T confectioners sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 3 T cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 /4 t salt
What to do:
- Fit a stand mixer with the flat beater, or use a hand mixer.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix at low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to high. Scrape sides of bowl and continue to beat until completely smooth.
- Your frosting can be used immediately. IF you want to prepare it ahead of time, keep it covered in the refrigerator. Take it out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before you plan to use it, so it can soften. Once it’s room temperature, give it a good stir. Now frost, frost, frost away!
* The flavor and color of your frosting will vary depending on the specific honey used. We suggest a honey like clover for a mild and sweet flavor.
* Consistency is key for a good buttercream. Don’t use your microwave for softening the butter or cream cheese unless you’re sure of what you’re doing!
* Have some leftovers? Grab a bag of mini pretzels and enjoy that sweet n’ salty combo.
Words of wisdom: Start low, go slow!
*Taste a measured portion of your frosting with a small bite. Wait an hour to let your body digest, then assess how you’re feeling to determine if the potency is to your preference. While this will provide you with a nice baseline for your recipe, you’ll want to be mindful of your math. Infusing a whole batch of confections requires careful planning!
*Always remember to label your creations: “Contains Cannabis, 21+!”
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.